Mount Stula


Location: the little hamlet of Prvinci
This is in the heart of nature park Zumberak. The mountain that you see in the second picture can be climbed all the way to the top. I love this mountain for its pyramid size. It is quite a rare shape and a special landmark in the surrounding. 
You can start your climb to the top from here

Photo tip: 
I had been coming to this location in 2017 quite a few times. I noticed the wild apple tree. But it was still without leaves. When I came back a little later the blossom started to bloom. But still, I decided to wait until it reached its full glory. That was quite a gamble. For the Spring beauty is always very short and unpredictable. I wanted it to picture the tree with mount Stula in the back. Two great elements in one picture. I just needed it a bit of a cloudy but bright evening so there would not be too much direct sunlight. I needed evening light to have that special warm grazing light effect. Then I noticed the third element. A flock of sheep that would really add even more interest to the picture. Especially since the flock of sheep somehow resembled the wild apple tree in blossom. This was a well-planned picture. It teaches us that lucky shots are just very few. You always need to plan and even wait for the right time and season. In the end, you will be rewarded!

Take a break: 
There are no restaurants and cafe's near bye. But the village of Krasic is a 15-minute drive and the main square has a variety of some nice cafes with inexpensive coffee. 


Comments

Popular Posts